The Federal High Court in Abuja has again given Nnamdi Kanu another chance to defend the terrorism charges brought against him by the Federal Government.
Justice James Omotosho while adjourning to November 7, also noted that Kanu’s rights will be waived if he does not defend himself on the next adjourned date.
During proceedings, Kanu continued to fault the charges, insisting that he had nothing to defend in respect of a repealed law while addressing the court on why the charges against him cannot stand.
Among others, he said that the Supreme Court in the judgment that ordered his trial made it abundantly clear for the federal government to amend the charge as the one against him had been repealed, noting that the charge had not been amended by the prosecution, thereby violating the order of the apex court.
Kanu persistently insisted that the refusal of the federal government to amend the charge was fatal to his trial adding that no trial can hold in a repealed law.
Justice Omotosho reminded him of the need to keep his gun powder dry but, the IPOB leader declined, maintaining he has not seen any reason to open defense in the instant charge.
Kanu, however, noted that he would need to reach his legal consultants, namely, Nnaemeka Ejiofor, Aloy Ejimakor, Maxwell Okpara and Mandela Umegborogu.
MUST READ: Nnamdi Kanu declines to open defense, insists FG has no case against him
Counsel for the federal government, Adegboyega Awomolo SAN, had earlier requested the Judge to stand on the order of the court that Kanu should open defense or waive his right to do so.
Justice Omotosho however said that he was inclined to bend backward again to give Kanu another opportunity to have a rethink to open defense or forget it.
The trial judge however cautioned Kanu’s former lawyers now consultants on the way they have always approached the social media as regards the case.
(Editor: Anoyoyo Ogiagboviogie)

