The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, says there will not be an extension on the sale of forms for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, which closed on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Jamb Registrar, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, speaking to reporters at the Corporate Headquarters on Monday, said the number of registered candidates so far recorded is over 1.9 million surpassing any other year since the inception of JAMB, 40 years ago.
Prospective candidates for the 2020 UTME are applicants who obtained the required cut-off marks and are granted admissions into universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education of their choice.
Unfortunately, most of the prospective candidates seen still struggling to register for an examination which closes Monday, February 17, may just have to wait until 2021.
Also Read: Fire Guts Buildings At Balogun Market
Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, while advising candidates against examination malpractices, directed institutions to henceforth rely on the Central Admissions Processing System, CAPS, created by JAMB to admit students.