A current update from the Lagos State Government on the Abule-Ado explosion has shows that the death toll has now risen to 23.
This follows the recent death of a female victim who had been receiving treatment at the Igbobi Orthopedic Hospital.
Also Read: Adams Oshiomhole in more trouble
The update is contained in a statement signed by the Director-General of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu.
The DG said 500 people have been displaced from their homes due to the explosion with 100 of them already accommodated in the Agency’s relief camp.
He said the help desk of the Agency remains active to handle enquiries and arrange transfer to the relief camp for those rendered homeless by the explosion.
He also appealled for calm and urged members of the public to keep off the scene and be law abiding.
The explosion which occurred on Sunday, March 15, 2020, with ravaging impact has continued to attract support for the victims from good spirited Nigerians who have been donating generously to help the State Government ameliorate the pains of the victims.
The latest donation is that of N200 million from the Nigerian Governors Forum whose delegation was led by its Chairman and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, in company of the Governors of Kano and Edo States; Abdullahi Ganduje and Godwin Obaseki.
(Editor: Terverr Tyav)